PDA

View Full Version : springs

trippywill
01-20-2013, 04:17 PM
What are guys running for spring rates on the dryslick? I hear guys are running stiffer on right rear. I also hear some guys guys are replacing their front springs with new ones 2 or 3 times throughout the year. Would like to hear thoughts

TwistedFrame21
01-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Springs are becoming more like our shocks, used to buy them off the shelf and run em forever. Now u see guys dynoing all there springs after every 10-15 races. I know after an experience I had last year my right rear spring pretty much lost all rebound it was all twisted up, junk, wore out.

As for rear springs I seem a guy on Facebook put a 300 pound RR in and said car was on a rail. Won't know till you try

brett4
01-21-2013, 02:05 PM
2 bar? 4 bar? Z link? Spring on bird cage? Spring behind rear?

midwestmodracer
01-21-2013, 05:44 PM
assuming four bar with floated springs on birdcages, i've seen everything from 300-650 on the lf, 300-600 on the rf, 150-300 on the lr, and same on rr. On most chevelle stub cars a person can start with 550's on the front and 200's on the back and get a pretty good idea of where to go from there. Most of the upper level drivers have all split off from there and tailored their spring choices more toward their personal driving styles and preferences. Interestingly enough there is one particular driver that wins quite often that has the same rate spring in the lf and the lr. So, it'd be pretty hard to say what is standard for dry-slick really...especially when we start looking into track configurations, etc.

MM90
01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
The guy I bought my car from ran a 300# RR spring on it. Won 3 features with that setup for him. He said the car was rolling over to much so that's why he ran it. Victory chassis, chevelle stub, 4bar both sides.

racing_kid
01-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Springs are becoming more like our shocks, used to buy them off the shelf and run em forever. Now u see guys dynoing all there springs after every 10-15 races. I know after an experience I had last year my right rear spring pretty much lost all rebound it was all twisted up, junk, wore out.

As for rear springs I seem a guy on Facebook put a 300 pound RR in and said car was on a rail. Won't know till you try

if im thinking of the same guy he just won a pretty big race in arizona didnt he?

TwistedFrame21
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
if im thinking of the same guy he just won a pretty big race in arizona didnt he?

Yea it was in Arizona but can't remember his name.

racing_kid
01-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Yea it was in Arizona but can't remember his name.

Ricky Thornton jr i think