PDA

View Full Version : is it worth the money?

bluemod
01-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Is it worth spending the money on all the lighted rotors and low friction parts? Will I really be gaining anything from it. Can someone inbox me where i can find low friction seals for pinto spindals? Anyone insite on spending the money where would be better to spend it on?

xxxmod
01-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Is it worth spending the money on all the lighted rotors and low friction parts? Will I really be gaining anything from it. Can someone inbox me where i can find low friction seals for pinto spindals? Anyone insite on spending the money where would be better to spend it on?

Low friction ball joints Yes
Low friction seals and lightend rotors..probably not

chapa9
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
I would spend the money on the low friction ball joints. What I've noticed is they are a lot stronger and last longer than a regular ball joint as well. They are more up front but for me I saved money in long run.

zeroracing
01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Ball Joints are great

Light weight rotors can help to remove some rotating weight, but also benefit in removing un-sprung weight. That said a good quality set of rotors that wont warp would be my choice.

Seals and bearings are... a waste of money in my book unless you have reached the top speed of the car. Your rolling resistance stays at a pretty much level amount, at 5 or 50 mph it takes x to roll the car (the force you push on it to roll it around the shop). At the same time aerodynamic resistance starts at 0 and gains exponentially with speed until it typically limits top speed. That said if you are not at a top speed limit then the low drag bearing and seals will not help much.

I know that those comments will ruffle feathers, but personally I feel any and all action to free up the suspension should be taken but as long as the rolling resistance is acceptable (range for a normal car with clean regular gressed bearings) then any gains by lower drag seals or oil filled hubs are minimal for the added cost. I wouspend the money on shocks or more tires.