PDA

View Full Version : Screven Motor Speedway Drops NLMS Sanctioning of Late Models for Winter Freeze III

HighMaintenance2007
01-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Screven Motor Speedway Drops NLMS Sanctioning of Late Models for Winter Freeze III

Sylvania, Georgia – Screven Motor Speedway owner and promoter James “Redd” Griffin announced today that Friday and Saturday night’s late model events that were set to be sanctioned by the National Late Model Series will now be unsanctioned events but will carry the same purse as advertised. Griffin explained that the decision was made after receiving multiple phone calls from racers who were planning to attend the event. “Some of the racers expressed concern to me about the entry fees that the NLMS were planning to charge. I contacted the NLMS after I couldn’t find the entry fees on their website. I was told that they would be charging $150 on Friday night for the $3000 to win event and $200 for the Saturday night $5000 to win race. I felt that was just too much to ask these racers to pay to race for those amounts of money. The World of Outlaws isn’t charging that much and they are racing for more than twice the money. I just can’t do that to these racers.” Griffin commented.

So the events will now be run under the guise of the Screven Late Model rules which are nearly identical to NLMS rules except for the tire rule. The Screven Late Model tire rule allows for open brand and compounds of tires. “We have been getting 20 to 24 cars on our weekly program here. The rules allow for the GM crate engines to be very competitive in fact our last weekly event a couple of weeks ago was won by Gib Gibbons with a 604 crate engine. It’s sad that this had to be done because I wanted to try and help the series get back going. But I am for these racers and fans first. I can’t let a big entry fee make them stay at home. We need them to be here putting on a show. Those kind of entry fees would keep cars from coming and I just can’t have that.” Griffin, the 2011 ARPY Southeast Promoter of the Year added.

The Screven Late Model rules allow Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines, NLMS Engines (must have stamped NLMS heads) and all-steel engines (22 degree heads only). The tire rule is open brand and compound but absolutely no chemical alteration or treatments (lab samples will be taken). All cars are allowed a 12” MAXIMUM spoiler with standard SAS / ULTIMATE side blades. Cars utilizing crate engines must weigh 2200 lbs., NLMS engines must weigh 2300 lbs., and all-steel must weigh 2400 lbs. at qualifying. 1 lb. per lap burn-off for post-race weights. Carburetors are OPEN. RaceCeivers are MANDATORY! Kelley Carlton and his KELCAR Motorsports Management crew will handle tech and officiating duties for the event.

Friday night’s $3000 to win show will carry a $75 entry fee with Saturday’s $5000 to win show carrying a $100 entry fee. There is a $1000 bonus available each night to any driver that can win with the Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine. If the winner bonus isn’t collected there will be a $500 bouns to the highest finishing driver utilizing the Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine. That makes it $4000 possible to win on Friday and $6000 possible to win on Saturday.

Griffin closed by saying “I hope all the drivers, crews and fans will understand and see that Screven is for the racers and race fans. And we hope that they will all come out and join us for the Winter Freeze. I thank them all for the support they have given me here at Screven.”

-REDD

Find us on Facebook at Screven Motor Sports Complex or go and check out our new website at www.screvenmotorsportscomplex.com The site is up and being added to daily.
--

Kelley Carlton, BS NR CCEMT-P FP-C
www.kelcarmotorsports.com
KELCAR Motorsports Media & Management
CEO / President

TWISTER
01-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Anyone got a number for Mr. Griffin???? I have tried the numbers on the website with no luck. Just wanna confirm a couple of the limited late model rules. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

MRM
01-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Good for him. Some of these entry fees are outrageously high.

HighMaintenance2007
01-29-2013, 10:09 AM
The tire rule is open brand and compound but absolutely no chemical alteration or treatments (lab samples will be taken).

All cars are allowed a 12” MAXIMUM spoiler with standard SAS / ULTIMATE side blades.

Cars utilizing crate engines must weigh 2200 lbs., NLMS engines must weigh 2300 lbs., and all-steel must weigh 2400 lbs. at qualifying.

1 lb. per lap burn-off for post-race weights.

Carburetors are OPEN. RaceCeivers are MANDATORY! Kelley Carlton and his KELCAR Motorsports Management crew will handle tech and officiating duties for the event.

text Kelly @ 864-871-1442

Thks

chupp n bloomer fan
01-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Good job Redd.

fryefan
01-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Sounds like a good call by the promoter.

HighMaintenance2007
01-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Anyone got a number for Mr. Griffin???? I have tried the numbers on the website with no luck. Just wanna confirm a couple of the limited late model rules. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

RULES ARE POSTED HERE ../ THK

https://www.facebook.com/ScrevenMotorSportsComplex?fref=ts

TWISTER
01-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Thank you. However I do not participate in Facebook. But again, thanks.

tazracing
02-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Way to go Redd good decision !

HighMaintenance2007
02-05-2013, 12:10 PM
LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT FRIDAY & SATURDAY W NLMS RULES LM`S

& CRATE ENGINE CARS..

$3,000 FRIDAY $5,000 SATURDAY

$1,00 BOUNUS FOR A 604 TO WIN EITHER NIGHT

Campers starting arriving Sunday , frist SLM from MICHIGAN last night...

73 degree this Saturday ...

an 80 DEGREE SWING U P FROM LAST YEAR!

latemodel28d
02-05-2013, 01:21 PM
debating on going up friday then hitting up wayx for for sat.... dunno what to do, i know screven will have more super lms and more spec lm and put on a better show... decisions decisions....

pixman
02-05-2013, 01:47 PM
debating on going up friday then hitting up wayx for for sat.... dunno what to do, i know screven will have more super lms and more spec lm and put on a better show... decisions decisions....

If you know Screven will have a better show, I am not seeing where the indecision part comes in

lazermod3
02-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Screven Motor Speedway Drops NLMS Sanctioning of Late Models for Winter Freeze III

Sylvania, Georgia – Screven Motor Speedway owner and promoter James “Redd” Griffin announced today that Friday and Saturday night’s late model events that were set to be sanctioned by the National Late Model Series will now be unsanctioned events but will carry the same purse as advertised. Griffin explained that the decision was made after receiving multiple phone calls from racers who were planning to attend the event. “Some of the racers expressed concern to me about the entry fees that the NLMS were planning to charge. I contacted the NLMS after I couldn’t find the entry fees on their website. I was told that they would be charging $150 on Friday night for the $3000 to win event and $200 for the Saturday night $5000 to win race. I felt that was just too much to ask these racers to pay to race for those amounts of money. The World of Outlaws isn’t charging that much and they are racing for more than twice the money. I just can’t do that to these racers.” Griffin commented.

So the events will now be run under the guise of the Screven Late Model rules which are nearly identical to NLMS rules except for the tire rule. The Screven Late Model tire rule allows for open brand and compounds of tires. “We have been getting 20 to 24 cars on our weekly program here. The rules allow for the GM crate engines to be very competitive in fact our last weekly event a couple of weeks ago was won by Gib Gibbons with a 604 crate engine. It’s sad that this had to be done because I wanted to try and help the series get back going. But I am for these racers and fans first. I can’t let a big entry fee make them stay at home. We need them to be here putting on a show. Those kind of entry fees would keep cars from coming and I just can’t have that.” Griffin, the 2011 ARPY Southeast Promoter of the Year added.

The Screven Late Model rules allow Chevrolet Performance Crate Engines, NLMS Engines (must have stamped NLMS heads) and all-steel engines (22 degree heads only). The tire rule is open brand and compound but absolutely no chemical alteration or treatments (lab samples will be taken). All cars are allowed a 12” MAXIMUM spoiler with standard SAS / ULTIMATE side blades. Cars utilizing crate engines must weigh 2200 lbs., NLMS engines must weigh 2300 lbs., and all-steel must weigh 2400 lbs. at qualifying. 1 lb. per lap burn-off for post-race weights. Carburetors are OPEN. RaceCeivers are MANDATORY! Kelley Carlton and his KELCAR Motorsports Management crew will handle tech and officiating duties for the event.

Friday night’s $3000 to win show will carry a $75 entry fee with Saturday’s $5000 to win show carrying a $100 entry fee. There is a $1000 bonus available each night to any driver that can win with the Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine. If the winner bonus isn’t collected there will be a $500 bouns to the highest finishing driver utilizing the Chevrolet Performance Crate Engine. That makes it $4000 possible to win on Friday and $6000 possible to win on Saturday.

Griffin closed by saying “I hope all the drivers, crews and fans will understand and see that Screven is for the racers and race fans. And we hope that they will all come out and join us for the Winter Freeze. I thank them all for the support they have given me here at Screven.”

-REDD

Find us on Facebook at Screven Motor Sports Complex or go and check out our new website at www.screvenmotorsportscomplex.com The site is up and being added to daily.
--

Kelley Carlton, BS NR CCEMT-P FP-C
www.kelcarmotorsports.com
KELCAR Motorsports Media & Management
CEO / President

A very "GOOD" Business decision'(REDD)But let me say this about that,charging any racer any amout of money to put on a show for your paying customers is rediculous.I know it may sound crazy,but you should be paying them,to show up at your track.The pit fee's alone should cover the winners share of the late model purse,and maybe more.(DEPENDS ON THE CAR COUNT,)and what the pit fee's are.

Thank's:

asaraymond
02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Lazermod I agree! He was going to pay the purse anyways without getting any entry fee from the drivers - so why now charge 75 and 100?

HighMaintenance2007
02-10-2013, 03:12 AM
So we would have 39 cars....

latemodel28d
02-10-2013, 03:35 AM
they got 20

hopefully next year they will move to sunday yf they schedule the same weekend as yall agian....

HighMaintenance2007
02-10-2013, 10:46 PM
And a KENNY LAMB GM CRATE ENGINE won Friday night against the NLMS packages....

latemodel28d
02-11-2013, 09:33 AM
And a KENNY LAMB GM CRATE ENGINE won Friday night against the NLMS packages....

i new it would be possible... with the tire rule

ready for winter freeze 1111

HighMaintenance2007
04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
604`S HAVE EVEN PLAYING FIELD WITH THIS PACKAGE.

SCREVEN MOTOR SPORTS COMPLEX PRESENTS :
(and a Sponsor to be named shortly )

' SUPER 7 CHALLENGE SERIES '

SEVEN BIGG NIGHTS of BIGG PURSES Ending in a ' GRAND FINALE' Nov 22-23
@ The Georgia State Outlaw Championships

April 20th - May 25th - June 22nd - Aug 24th - Sept 21 - October 19th - November 22-23 ' GRAND FINALE'
SCREVEN MOTOR SPORTS COMPLEX LATE MODELS
$1500 to WIN
200 (10th)
175 (15TH)
150 ( 24th)

2 -LAPS TIME TRIALS
Top 6 qualifiers run 5-lap Dash for Cash to determine first three rows - $200 - $100- $ 75
25 LAP MAIN EVENT

$7500 TOTAL PURSE PLUS SPONSOR CONTINGINCIES
$50 Entry Fee

GM PERFORMANCE '604' ENGINES / NLMS SERIES ENGINES
STEEL BLOCK 22 DEGREE HEAD ENGINES - OPEN TIRE
SIPING-SOAKING-GROOVING PERMITTED
OPEN CARB - ( REFER to BASIC SMSC LM RULES )

www.ScrevenMotorSportsComplex.com

Screven Motor Sports Complex on Facebook