PDA

View Full Version : latemodel downforce noses. MD3 vs. DOMINATOR

sidebite7
02-03-2013, 10:45 AM
is the new dominator nose at a disadvantage to the MD3 nose aerodynamically?i was thinking about switching, but am concerned cause i have never seen one on a top tier teams car .(WOO, lucas oil )what's the deal here? any input appreciated.

sidebite7
02-05-2013, 07:52 PM
is the new dominator nose at a disadvantage to the MD3 nose aerodynamically?i was thinking about switching, but am concerned cause i have never seen one on a top tier teams car .(WOO, lucas oil )what's the deal here? any input appreciated.or does md3 have the elite series tied up with sponsorships and bonuses .

zeroracing
02-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I never raced with but was under the understanding WoO was originally not allowing the dominator.

I run the dominator and like it.

derricklong38
02-05-2013, 08:40 PM
I dont think the woo liked the 4 supports on the nose at the beginning. Then Dominator went to 2. There are pics of Jimmy Owens black and purple car with a dominator on it.

sidebite7
02-06-2013, 04:06 PM
the flares don't look as tall as the md3. I thought maybe that's why a lot of the bigger teams stayed with md3 . I like the looks of it but was concerned because you don't see many in my area. as far as mounting, no bumper changes etc. ?

zeroracing
02-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I cannot help you on the bumper question, I build my own custom for my car and the nose how I want it. Never tried to mount up an md3 on it, just use the dominator.

Aerotech/Dominator
02-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi Guys -- Our nose & flares have been legal for 6 years in all the series !! lets forget what was said years ago !! Ok ---As for the new flares we have been tweeking the height & fitting of them ---The new versoin can be raised to 4-5" -- IF you pull the pic's from the Jackson 100 race & see Mr Owens was running & Dominated that weekend !! Fast time heat win & All 100 laps for the win !! & this year you will see Mr Marlar sporting the nose kit & Mr Unzicker & Mr Matt Miller & alot of other fine racers -- Thanks to all of you guys running the Dominator products. Bentley

sidebite7
02-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi Guys -- Our nose & flares have been legal for 6 years in all the series !! lets forget what was said years ago !! Ok ---As for the new flares we have been tweeking the height & fitting of them ---The new versoin can be raised to 4-5" -- IF you pull the pic's from the Jackson 100 race & see Mr Owens was running & Dominated that weekend !! Fast time heat win & All 100 laps for the win !! & this year you will see Mr Marlar sporting the nose kit & Mr Unzicker & Mr Matt Miller & alot of other fine racers -- Thanks to all of you guys running the Dominator products. Bentleyso the new versoin of fenders is available for 2013. I will be trying your nose kit on my rocket this season