PDA

View Full Version : Spring rubber trick.

Trevor_01
02-04-2013, 09:53 PM
I attended Racewise almost 2 years ago now, and I wrote down some instructions on how to use springs rubbers on conventional coil springs to give the spring somewhat of a "dual stage" setup, before I go into the hassle of doing any of this, does anyone else try this that you know of, and does it work well once the bugs are straightened out of it? This is for a Wissota Super Stock. (no coil overs or eliminators.

propit21
02-06-2013, 05:13 PM
I would love to hear more on this

johnny v
02-06-2013, 06:09 PM
I attended Racewise almost 2 years ago now, and I wrote down some instructions on how to use springs rubbers on conventional coil springs to give the spring somewhat of a "dual stage" setup, before I go into the hassle of doing any of this, does anyone else try this that you know of, and does it work well once the bugs are straightened out of it? This is for a Wissota Super Stock. (no coil overs or eliminators.

I have played around a little bit with spring rubbers with a 13 and 16 inch rear spring on a spring tester before... you can take a spring with a fairly wide coil to coil gap and zip tie a spring rubber in between a coil that fits fairly loose....lets say at ride height, the gap was 1".... and you zip tied in a spring rubber that was 3/4"........lets say it started off as a 300# spring... as the car rolls over and closes the gap in the coils, the spring rubber would touch and raise the effective spring rate to say 340#.... ( just an estimate- this would have to be tested)..........and all the rubbers have some give to them anyway.... most are sold at different durometer numbers giving the spring rubbers some spring rate....