PDA

View Full Version : Spring Rods

MattLogan41
02-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Does anyone run these anymore? If so where do you run them? And does anyone make them besides Afco? Just looking for options. Thanks.

7uptruckracer
02-07-2013, 07:21 AM
No, I see them on asphalt super late straight rail cars from time to time, dirt is harder because your traction is changing all the time and the spring loaded roads won't always operate the same. If your in a high traction situation where you can use your power your going to load the rod more then a low traction so your not doing the same thing each time, where as asphalt it won't really change much and even then it varies so much you tend to focus in other areas and take as many changing variables outta the car

FlatTire
02-07-2013, 08:56 AM
I was talking to a East Coast Modified racer and he says they still use them on their cars.

Bicknell builds them:

http://www.bicknellracingproducts.com/catalog2/index.php?p=catalog&parent=94&pg=1

MattLogan41
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Ok. Thats what i thought. So hear me out. What if you ran a spring rod as your LT rod? We all know if we put alot of angle in the top bar for drive it actually kills drive. What if you used a spring rod so you could get that angle and on acceleration not be on a solid rod but something with a little give? Would that not work? In theory it sounds good in my head. Same with using a bushing style JBar. When you get all that angle in it for sidebite it binds the car up. Give the JBar a little travel, allow it to move some and it solves that problem to. Right? This is what happens in the offseason. To much time to think!