PDA

View Full Version : LR top rod

crash46
02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
2010 Masters Gen X crate late model 604, bought car from Ray Cook and noticed on the left rear upper bar location that at some time or another that a bracket had been bolted on at the frame. I'm guessing to use a shorter lr upper bar, as far as handling what would this do,free it up through the middle of the corner. Seems to me it would add alot of roll steer, But what about exit ?

7uptruckracer
02-07-2013, 07:09 AM
It allows the cage to index quicker, more instant traction some like it some don't try it and see for yourself it can sometimes lose traction late exit. All depends on your package and driver. There are many ways to skin a cat try them all and keep good notes :)

drtrkr244
02-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Installed 1.5" shorter LRU this past weekend on one of my customers 09 Rocket. We found it turned better in the center and had better drive off.

He races at a very tight 3/8 mile track.I consulted with Steve Baker at Rocket and he suggested we install it.It worked exactly like he said.

Hope this helps! I plan on trying it on other dlm's , I consult with.

crash46
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys, we got our brackets to shorten the bars so we gonna give it a try on one car and see how it works.

hall99
02-11-2013, 10:08 AM
I can see how this could work well as long as you have a little moisture to keep the LR in, but I would be afraid of it in the slick, I would like to hear some feedback on anyone that has tried it in the slick.

7uptruckracer
02-11-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't like it in the slick I've never heard of the LRT freeing you up that much Ive heard some running the shorterer bracket on the LRL.....That's just me though its all about combos and timing, and rates of indexing on your cages I prefer the standard length on my rockets I work on in the slick and just move the bar on the birdcage. Try it if you like it keep it!

drtrkr244
02-11-2013, 09:49 PM
I don't like it in the slick I've never heard of the LRT freeing you up that much Ive heard some running the shorterer bracket on the LRL.....That's just me though its all about combos and timing, and rates of indexing on your cages I prefer the standard length on my rockets I work on in the slick and just move the bar on the birdcage. Try it if you like it keep it!

As this was only my third race consulting with this team., I found this gray spindle Rocket to be loose in and off. Indexing the short LRU caused a loss of side bite in and through the center.Do you find the same with the standard LRU?

7uptruckracer
02-12-2013, 07:02 AM
When you say indexing are you talking clocking the birdcage, dropping a bar on the cage, or running the short bracket and bar, I've always found the 16 3/4 LU bar and bracket gives me a ton of instant bite on the gas and if its super slick with a high HP car it will lose traction. Me personally I run the standard bars with chains on both sides, sometimes the blue/ grey spindles depending on which position you run can have that effect too I forget which way it is. I chain my RR to control RRU bar angle just like you would the Left side to keep it turning but still have some drive. Lemme know what you find!