View Full Version : lay down shock

95rayburn
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
What is a lay down shock and what's its purpose how does it work

Matt49
02-07-2013, 07:32 AM
What is a lay down shock and what's its purpose how does it work

Do you mean "hold down" shock?
Soft compression, stiff rebound in RF. Idea is to pin the RF down so that the LR is up. Reasons why you may want to do this are a many.

JJ128
02-07-2013, 01:27 PM
A shock that goes from the top of the quick change to a bar in front of the fuel cell is sometimes called a lay-down shock. If that is what you are talking about, I think the primary reason to run one is to tighten the car on entry. Similar to a 90/10 shock running toward the front of the car, or adding more rebound to the 5th coil shock. That's a general statement of course, I'm sure somebody else can add more to it.

MQueen
02-07-2013, 03:12 PM
This is what happens when you write the check for your new shocks. You have to lay down because of shock. (Lay down shock)

dualdj1
02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
A shock that goes from the top of the quick change to a bar in front of the fuel cell is sometimes called a lay-down shock. If that is what you are talking about, I think the primary reason to run one is to tighten the car on entry. Similar to a 90/10 shock running toward the front of the car, or adding more rebound to the 5th coil shock. That's a general statement of course, I'm sure somebody else can add more to it.

yep that should be it. rayburn uses 2 90/10 shocks because of the pull bar, keeps it from kicking back forward too quick after letting off throttle.

Matt49
02-08-2013, 07:26 AM
yep that should be it. rayburn uses 2 90/10 shocks because of the pull bar, keeps it from kicking back forward too quick after letting off throttle.

I think that there was another recent thread about this very topic that had a lot of information about this.

drtrkr244
02-08-2013, 10:46 PM
This is what happens when you write the check for your new shocks. You have to lay down because of shock. (Lay down shock)

Thats funny right there, but TRUE!

I thought everyone had $4800 laying around for a set of JRI's latest and greatest.

dualdj1
02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
I think that there was another recent thread about this very topic that had a lot of information about this.

Thanks Matt. Haven't been on as much lately, so sure i've missed a few threads