PDA

View Full Version : birdcages

matchbox
02-06-2013, 10:25 PM
I have a 2002 black frontend rocket. Looking to upgrade to bearing birdcages. Which ones should i go with. Bsb, Or twm,or rocket? Or any other ones to consider? Thanks

zeke23z
02-06-2013, 11:41 PM
I just got new BSB cages for my rocket very pleased

hobby12
02-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Give chad @ wehrs machine a call, great quality products! Check out the website. Www.wehrsmachine.com

matchbox
02-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Are there any differences in these compared to what rocket sells? Would i have measure ride heights different? Does everything pretty much the same? Shock angles and rod angles and lengths same? Are they just a copy? Thanks

zeke23z
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Bsb is a twm copy should all measure the same

95rayburn
02-08-2013, 07:13 PM
What would the best birdcage to use on a rayburn on swing arm suspension

ncracer1st
02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Is there a measurement to locate bird cages on axle tube with a rocket chassis? I put new bird cages on new tubes so I want to get them in the right place.

Matt49
02-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Is there a measurement to locate bird cages on axle tube with a rocket chassis? I put new bird cages on new tubes so I want to get them in the right place.

Not sure of measurement but if you have brake floaters on either one you can mount up a hub and rotor and use the caliper to guide you.

drtrkr244
02-10-2013, 09:22 PM

There is no mesurement. If you have the proper birdcages and rearend tubes, the birdcage butts up to the brake caliper bracket.

Matt49
02-10-2013, 10:01 PM
There is no mesurement. If you have the proper birdcages and rearend tubes, the birdcage butts up to the brake caliper bracket.

Spacers may be required. If they were purchased new, they should come with them. You just have to know where to put them. Obvious to some people but not so much to others. So I can understand why some may want an additional reference point to get it right.

drtrkr244
02-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Spacers may be required. If they were purchased new, they should come with them. You just have to know where to put them. Obvious to some people but not so much to others. So I can understand why some may want an additional reference point to get it right.

We bought a new rearend and birdcages from Rocket last year. We were told not to use any spacers only the reatainers on the inside.

Maybe, the older cars used wider tubes or different birdcages.

jedclampit
02-11-2013, 10:09 AM

I'd call Anthony in parts and get the correct placement....easy enough....so you don't end up with a queer car and extra holes in the tubes if you find out they are on wrong later.

matchbox
02-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Should a guy buy new our can you find good used ones?

drtrkr244
02-11-2013, 09:13 PM
My bad......thinking of GRT.No spacers on Rocket, TWM retainer set at 1" from brake caliper bracket.

Chalk it up to old age and too many lm's to work on.