PDA

View Full Version : Low Friction Ball Joints

NDHobbyRacer
02-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Are low friction ball joints worth the extra money on an IMCA hobby stock with stock upper control arms on a metric chassis.

72Dubya
02-10-2013, 10:38 PM
They are 100% worth it. They do not bend as easily since they can move along more with track and give away better during any impacts, so you save money on not having to replace as many ball joints. They also are more responsive and free the front end up. I noticed a huge difference when I switched to them.

Racer96m
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Just my .02, If you are running mid pack or in the back, this is not the magic piece that will get you to victory lane. If your in the top 3 every night and looking for every little edge you can get, then sure. Free suspention is always better than binding.

Dave.

72Dubya
02-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Just my .02, If you are running mid pack or in the back, this is not the magic piece that will get you to victory lane. If your in the top 3 every night and looking for every little edge you can get, then sure. Free suspention is always better than binding.

Dave.

Definitely a very agreeable statement, but if it is a track that gets rough sometimes, the low-friction ball joint won't bend as easily as a stock joint, so some money could be either made back up or saved from having to replace less ball joints. I guess it would just depend on what kind of track a guy runs on if they don't have a top 5 car.

NDHobbyRacer
02-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info 72Dubya and Racer96. The car was getting better each night with the little changes i did. Think I will try them, every little thing will help.