PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Spring Baseline Set- up???

J-ROD81 81
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
I have an 03 Predator leaf spring chassis, does anyone have a baseline set- up i could use or any ideas on what i could try, its my first time racing and just looking for something to start with. any informtion would be a big help.

Reddy Powered
02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Are you running a Fastboys type left side leaf? Or is it just a regular leaf spring?

J-ROD81 81
02-14-2013, 12:27 AM
The guy told me to look up the fastboys leaf and it would tell me everything but of I read it right it was talking about rebuilding the leafs and it confused me a bit but it is a fastboys setup I believe

Dirtrunner35
02-14-2013, 08:13 AM
The guy told me to look up the fastboys leaf and it would tell me everything but of I read it right it was talking about rebuilding the leafs and it confused me a bit but it is a fastboys setup I believe

So you have leafs already on the car ?

Reddy Powered
02-14-2013, 09:02 AM
If the left side leaf looks beefier in the front then it is a Fastboys type leaf. I say type because to be an exact Fastboys leaf it would also have a huge arc as well and would most likely be in the top mounting hole in front with a really tall lowering block on that side and longer shackles as well. There would also be a birdcage on the right side to allow the axle housing to rotate freely on that side.

With a Fastboys type leaf on the left, the setup depends on whether or not there's a birdcage on the right as there would be a big difference in what you want to see when scaling.

J-ROD81 81
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
there is leafs on the car and its is beefier on the left in the front