PDA

View Full Version : Oil DA or gas non adjustable

dfhotlm33c
02-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Given a choice and a budget, what would be the preferred way to go with shocks?

Slightly used, older Afco oil DA shocks, or new non adjustable Afco 21 series shocks? I can get a set of each for approximately the same price. Don't have 2k for a custom set of shocks or for high dollar shocks. We were using total junk flea market shocks before, so either purchase will be a step up, but am curious what would be better.

let-r-eat
02-14-2013, 08:49 PM
I would go old afco double adjustables IF you know they are good............

RACR_73s
02-14-2013, 10:26 PM
A couple of weeks ago I took some old gas non adjustable shocks and some DA AFCO's to a shock builder. I used the DA AFCO's last year. He was not at all interested in the DA AFCO's and is rebuilding the non adjustable gas. I know it is just one persons opinion on the matter and I do run the same few tracks and do not travel. I am a low $ racer and this is my first built shocks, but they will hopefully be alot better than what I was using. Good Luck on whichever you choose.

dfhotlm33c
02-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Great thoughts! Thanks...but the vote is split down the middle! Any other opinions?

twisterf5
02-18-2013, 02:23 PM
afco fixed valve gas shock if you at the same track they are only 149.00 each there was a set of m2 for sale for 900 that would be a good buy if they are fresh like they claim.

ALF401
02-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Sometimes the more adjustments you have the farther off you can get!

dfhotlm33c
02-19-2013, 10:09 AM
So, we run mostly one (Eriez speedway) track, sometimes two (Raceway 7 and Wayne county speedway). We are a back of the pack team that is investing in some improvements to get to middle of the pack. One of these improvements will be the shocks. So, in that case, it sounds like new gas Afco would be best bet. Anyone know average cost of the nitrogen tank?