PDA

View Full Version : 602 crate alternator

Dirt racer 10
02-17-2013, 11:08 AM
im wanting to run an alternator on my 602 crate. The bracket i have mounts the alternator above the water pump. the problem is it wont fit under the hood in this spot. Does anyone knoe of a bracket that will mount it lower and on the right side of theengine? the power steering is on the left side.

twisterf5
02-17-2013, 06:05 PM
we run ours off the back Jones pulleys has a 22 tooth HTD pulley to go on it we make our own mounts. don't know of a left side mount. but i would guess Jones has a mount for your set up.

Egoracing
02-17-2013, 09:04 PM
im wanting to run an alternator on my 602 crate. The bracket i have mounts the alternator above the water pump. the problem is it wont fit under the hood in this spot. Does anyone knoe of a bracket that will mount it lower and on the right side of theengine? the power steering is on the left side.

Check Speedway motors, they had a hot rod kit that would would allow you to run any of 3 different locations.

Dirt racer 10
02-18-2013, 01:51 PM
My next question is does anyone know of a production vehicle that would have a small alternator similar to the $400 dollar one speedway sells that would work?

96racing
02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
I have a small LiTech racing alternator with pulley and bracket for sale. It mounts it to the right side head and drives with a small pulley that mounts between your fan and water pump. It uses a small 3/8" wide serpentine style belt. I ran it on my 602 before I converted to a 16volt battery. I'll take $165 shipped to your door if you're interested. E mail me at davemagee96@yahoo.com for pics

Harrismod30
02-22-2013, 10:22 AM

You can get differnt brackets here. http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/circle_track_kits.html