PDA

View Full Version : Air cleaner seal?

twizted
02-18-2013, 06:03 AM
Is there a better air cleaner seal? I have been running a K&N type air filter oil with WD-40 with a sock and getting some dirt in carb bores and on boosters. We clean everything every race or 2 just like we did in karts but never really saw and dirt in carb. I dont have the 0-ring seal air cleaner but thinking bout it cause we actually have a good motor this year. Just looking for opinions cause I dont wanna see dirt going through this motor. Thanks

Egoracing
02-18-2013, 06:13 AM
http://www.r2cperformance.com/ These ended that problem for us.

Leftterns
02-19-2013, 07:49 AM
nothing to do with finding a new seal IMO. We went thru the same thing and got a new r2c. no more booster dirt. Oil is better too.

racinjj
02-19-2013, 11:28 AM
Why arent you using K&N oil in the filter. I am thinking you are pulling the WD40 out of the filter and you have nothing to collect the fine debris which is what the oil does. Plus WD40 may actually break down the filter media. I have had good luck with bothe a properly setup K&N and the R2C but I always have used a sure seal base with an oring.

LM14
02-19-2013, 10:15 PM
We used a sure seal housing, o-ring seal on the nut and R2C filter. Nothing in the carb. Throw that K&N away.

SPark

twizted
02-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Why arent you using K&N oil in the filter.

When we raced karts we had a K&N style filter but we didnt have the oil so we shot with what we had WD-40 and it worked good so we just kept using it. I just assumed it would be good enough for a car if it worked on limited mod 9000 rpm kart engine. I hate dropnearly $200 on an air cleaner setup but unless something else pops up gonna order a new housing the R2C filter and a couple pre filters and a new o ring nut. Also why do dirt cars not run foam pre filters, about all the karts did?

dirtdodger
03-05-2013, 08:22 PM
just run a little lithium grease around the upper and lower air filter holder where it contacts the air filter it will catch the dirt and not get in your motor. basically make a seal with it

powerslide
03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
When we raced karts we had a K&N style filter but we didnt have the oil so we shot with what we had WD-40 and it worked good so we just kept using it. I just assumed it would be good enough for a car if it worked on limited mod 9000 rpm kart engine. I hate dropnearly $200 on an air cleaner setup but unless something else pops up gonna order a new housing the R2C filter and a couple pre filters and a new o ring nut. Also why do dirt cars not run foam pre filters, about all the karts did?

Maybe because your cart was a smaller motor? W/ karts being smaller they probably didn't kick up as much dust. W/ the motor being smaller it didn't have as much air going through each race and therefore less dirt build up. Just swag'd that one no scientific proof. I will try to get a picture of the k&n I took off my truck when I bought it, can't believe the thing still ran it was so clogged. 02 dodge 5.9 diesel. It had oil/dirt build up on the turbo fins