PDA

View Full Version : Quickchange fluid questions

racinjason29
02-18-2013, 04:33 PM
What weight of fluid do you run in your quickchange, what brands have been good and how many qts does a quickchange hold when filling up from empty? Thanks for any info!

QuesinberryRacing
02-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Mystik JT-7. Best grease ever. Never had a rearend failure in 16 years of using it. You can buy it at Advance Auto, they started carrying it about a year ago.

Matt49
02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
What weight of fluid do you run in your quickchange, what brands have been good and how many qts does a quickchange hold when filling up from empty? Thanks for any info!

You're going to get a million different opinions but the bottom line is this: you get what you pay for. You can run some high end stuff (e.g. Gibbs) and get a lot of laps out of it and pay a pretty penny for it. Or you can run some lower end stuff at a cheap price but you'll need to change it more often to be safe.
Most quick changes hold 4 qts but use the fill plug to be sure you have it right. You don't want to over fill any more than you do under fill. 75W90 is a good place to start for most.

95rayburn
02-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Regular 80/90 is what I run seems to be good to me never had a problem

m_stagev
02-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Regular 80/90 is what I run seems to be good to me never had a problem

I would look at moroso as they make a climbing gear lube that I use most people don't realize that the pinion is at the top of the rear on a quick change and the pinion is not setting in the lube that is why they make climbing lube.

merc123
02-21-2013, 08:24 PM
I have used royal purple at $9 a quart. I've used valvolone from Walmart at $3 a quart. I didn't change the fluid until end of the year. Didn't have any more metal in it in either and didn't notice any issues with either.

lovinlatemodels
02-22-2013, 01:47 AM
You're going to get a million different opinions but the bottom line is this: you get what you pay for. You can run some high end stuff (e.g. Gibbs) and get a lot of laps out of it and pay a pretty penny for it. Or you can run some lower end stuff at a cheap price but you'll need to change it more often to be safe.
Most quick changes hold 4 qts but use the fill plug to be sure you have it right. You don't want to over fill any more than you do under fill. 75W90 is a good place to start for most.

Agree we always used a Mobil 1 synthetic that my company used in there road tractors they would change every 50,000 miles if it work for them I know it worked in are racecar. 4 years never any problems.