PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood composite M/C

moose52
02-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Most of the way through the rebuild on my modified. I have the M/C peddle set-up and shifter left. I took the pedal assy unit out, looks like the first time its been out of the car (2005 lightning). Its a wilwood composite set-up. Rebuild kits seem to be old stock type of stuff, nothing listed with the normally speed parts places. I also noticed it seems wilwood does not make this type of M/C anymore (composite). So my questions is, should I rebuild these or just replace them with a more modern aluminum version?

Thanks,

Steve

HEAVY DUTY
02-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Most of the way through the rebuild on my modified. I have the M/C peddle set-up and shifter left. I took the pedal assy unit out, looks like the first time its been out of the car (2005 lightning). Its a wilwood composite set-up. Rebuild kits seem to be old stock type of stuff, nothing listed with the normally speed parts places. I also noticed it seems wilwood does not make this type of M/C anymore (composite). So my questions is, should I rebuild these or just replace them with a more modern aluminum version?

Thanks,

SteveReplace. Those had a reputation for warping and leaking fluid. Master cylinders need replaced or rebuilt every year in my opinion. The bore, if it isnt a stainless steel bore will corrode and it wont do any good to try to rebuild them.New master cylinders are cheap insurance, as well as new calipers. Go to Lightning Chassis facebook page for tips of the day. There is a lot of brake info on there.

moose52
02-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Replace. Those had a reputation for warping and leaking fluid. Master cylinders need replaced or rebuilt every year in my opinion. The bore, if it isnt a stainless steel bore will corrode and it wont do any good to try to rebuild them.New master cylinders are cheap insurance, as well as new calipers. Go to Lightning Chassis facebook page for tips of the day. There is a lot of brake info on there.

Good enough for me. Changed it is. I figured something was up since they no longer made this version. I liked the Facebook page a little while ago, love the tip posts.