PDA

View Full Version : mahle piston issue

shadowj38
02-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Im building a new engine this year and im using mahle pistons. when i was putting the pistons on the rods the pin retainers dont look like they are seated into the groove entirely. then almost look like they arent perfectly round and are sitting up out of the groove in spots. ive never run into this before. whats wrong?

CNC BLOCKS
02-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Im building a new engine this year and im using mahle pistons. when i was putting the pistons on the rods the pin retainers dont look like they are seated into the groove entirely. then almost look like they arent perfectly round and are sitting up out of the groove in spots. ive never run into this before. whats wrong?

I have seen guys use pliers on those locks when putting them and they will crush them.

DaveBauerSS6
02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
If they dont seat from being bent, dont use them. Throw them away. You can order new ones easy enough.
I bought the install tool for the retainers, and cant master it. I use a small screwdriver, and they go in good.

FLYNBRYAN
02-22-2013, 07:16 AM
like the pistons, hate the locks , I used a small screwdriver also, still tough to install, also have ruined a few locks