PDA

View Full Version : McMaster carr

95rayburn
02-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Are the springs from McMastet Carr better than the one rayburn offers for there pull bar? What's the pro and cons of them besides there cheaper in pric

JJ128
02-19-2013, 07:59 AM
They are all basically the same, die springs are die springs. You can get them from any Stamping Die / Injection Mold supplier. McMaster Carr, PCS, DME, Progressive, etc. I would suggest giving PCS a try, since you are in Michigan. That's who I have always used for our mold and die components.

http://www.pcs-company.com/catalog_pdfs/07/d/springs.pdf

The different color is how they designate the different rates, or wire size. Of course the bigger the wire size, the "heavier" the rate, and the less % of maximum deflection they have. I am not familiar with Rayburn pull bar springs, but you can probably just match up the color, O.D., and free length to get the same spring rate. As cheap as they are, you could experiment with different lengths and wire size if you wanted to try a different spring rate.

racin6mod
02-19-2013, 07:38 PM
the springs cj has are the same ones sold by McMaster carr and msc. ther is only a couple companies that make those die springs Danley is the better ones but you have to know how to order them. the wire shape, id hole size the od and freee length. wire shape and color are very imortant.