PDA

View Full Version : 2006 BRWC with updated front end

bigk44
02-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Just got car together. When I set it down there is only 2" of left side clearance and 61/2" of right side at the bottom of valance, is this right for a Barry? I changed the bumper put a used one on everything lined up and bolted up, so I believe it is not bent.
I have the ride heights at recommended settings. What will the effects be if I raise all for corners 1"? The #s look good on the scales 50cross 55 L 53.5 rear and 130 bite
thanks ahead of time
Kevin

fastford
02-20-2013, 08:50 AM
your ride heights are most important, keep them close to recommendations , the reason your rt front valance is so high is because of the soft rt frt set ups a lot of people are running, if rt frt is to low it will drag

bigk44
02-20-2013, 11:08 AM
your ride heights are most important, keep them close to recommendations , the reason your rt front valance is so high is because of the soft rt frt set ups a lot of people are running, if rt frt is to low it will drag

Drag is what I am worried about. Looks like it is not high enough.

Matt49
02-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Drag is what I am worried about. Looks like it is not high enough.

It's not high enough. You need your RF nose lip at least 10 inches off the ground at ride height if you don't intend to shovel the track with the nose of your car.

EAMShater
02-20-2013, 10:07 PM
I have an 09 and the rf is about 9 the left is pretty low. Not exactly sure. It barely grazes the ground with my limited motor carrying good speed. My ride heights are 3 1/2 rf and 3 3/4 lf. Tho I run 31/2 across. I run a 400 lb spring on the rf with a bump to make sure it doesn't drag too much. With his nose racks it's hard to mess up and mount the nose too low. Especially if you put a plate under the front lip. I thing the rear ride heights should be 13 on rr and 14 on lr tho I set lr with bite. That is from the indention over the rear end to the top of the axle tube. And the front measurement are between the frame and lower control arm.

bigk44
02-22-2013, 08:29 AM
I have an 09 and the rf is about 9 the left is pretty low. Not exactly sure. It barely grazes the ground with my limited motor carrying good speed. My ride heights are 3 1/2 rf and 3 3/4 lf. Tho I run 31/2 across. I run a 400 lb spring on the rf with a bump to make sure it doesn't drag too much. With his nose racks it's hard to mess up and mount the nose too low. Especially if you put a plate under the front lip. I thing the rear ride heights should be 13 on rr and 14 on lr tho I set lr with bite. That is from the indention over the rear end to the top of the axle tube. And the front measurement are between the frame and lower control arm.

I went down 4 rounds all 4 corners. I now have 9 1/4 rf hope thats enough......

powerslide
02-27-2013, 12:28 PM
why not trim the nose piece? Or is the metal bumper that low as well?

BWRC14
03-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Matt49 is right, I just measured ours, and its right at 10" from the ground to the bottom of the nose piece on the right side. Our Left side is about 6" from the ground to the nose piece. Hope it helps out, ours is an '06 with '12 updates.