PDA

View Full Version : Shock guys

BWRC_6M
02-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Hey lookin for some input. I have done a bunch of calling around talking to some guys but would like to hear from fellow drivers, my car owner got us a new 2013 Orange front end rocket, with our blue rocket we just used Ohlins straight from ohlin, looking to better our shock program if that means switching brands then so be it, so what shock guys do u know do well with this type of car? thanks

rich tanner
02-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey lookin for some input. I have done a bunch of calling around talking to some guys but would like to hear from fellow drivers, my car owner got us a new 2013 Orange front end rocket, with our blue rocket we just used Ohlins straight from ohlin, looking to better our shock program if that means switching brands then so be it, so what shock guys do u know do well with this type of car? thanks

Give gary winger at gw performance a call 770-652-1691 really good with the rocket shock packages..

Matt49
02-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Getting your shocks built by somebody that really knows what they are doing and developing that relationship is the best money you can spend.
Out of the box shocks (yes, even Ohlins) are a crap shoot. They need to be gone through and valved to your application.

kevpow
02-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Give Willie Allen at W.A.R Shocks a call. He's a Integra dealer but will work with you on any package you have. He did my and my brothers Ohlins. Top notch customer service and will get you the traction youre looking for.

B r a n d o n
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
There are a few options for late model guys. I'd honestly call Mike Farr at Genesis. Look how many wins Max Blair has on those shocks with a crate car. Or if you're interested in Integra Gary Winger is a beast with IDA shocks. If you want Afco or Ohlins Kirk Loudy is your man. Those guys are my go to guys for advice when building shocks. I learnt everything I know from those three.

BWRC_6M
02-22-2013, 10:55 AM
There are a few options for late model guys. I'd honestly call Mike Farr at Genesis. Look how many wins Max Blair has on those shocks with a crate car. Or if you're interested in Integra Gary Winger is a beast with IDA shocks. If you want Afco or Ohlins Kirk Loudy is your man. Those guys are my go to guys for advice when building shocks. I learnt everything I know from those three.

yea i already had these shocks for a couple years and mike farr use to do my dads when he was with pro back in the day when we use to get Masters from Moran already talked to him a lot

hucktyson
02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
To imply that Jason Young at Ohlins can't build what you need is rediculous ...

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Jerry Link at SHY still knows how to build shocks. He answers the phone too.

B r a n d o n
02-22-2013, 11:18 AM
To imply that Jason Young at Ohlins can't build what you need is rediculous ...

He can. Right now is the busy season for shock guys. Just like wrap guys are getting swamped before march racing starts.

B r a n d o n
02-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Jerry Link at SHY still knows how to build shocks. He answers the phone too.

Yeah Jerry works with all types as well 615-225-6022 is his number.

jeredb
02-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Mark smith ms shock therapy. He has some guys running bad fast on ohlins. Jmo.

jason29a
02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Kenny Smith at B&O Racing Shocks.... Very easy to get a hold of and very good customer service.

He has some really good stuff out there. I wouldn't make a decision without at least talking with him. Tell him Jason said to call.

336-789-6365

getwitcha21
02-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Kenny Smith at B&O Racing Shocks.... Very easy to get a hold of and very good customer service.

He has some really good stuff out there. I wouldn't make a decision without at least talking with him. Tell him Jason said to call.

336-789-6365
I second that Kenny at B&O shocks