PDA

View Full Version : Moroso crank case evacuation system?????

ump29
02-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Is anyone using this on the modifieds? ...pulls vacuum from valve cover to the collector on the header.. and if so would do both sides or just the left side????

kwagner
02-27-2013, 09:01 AM
I have it set up on my car. The guy that I bought this motor from was using it, so I thought might as well give it a try. Will see how well it works in a couple weeks.

ljdardy
02-27-2013, 01:14 PM
works great,use on left side only

oldtrackchamp4x
02-27-2013, 01:30 PM
I bought the Moroso kit and it has 2 of everything. Went to their website and the directions say to install both setups on the left side valve cover. With the front one going to left side header and the back one going to the right side header. Need to get their directions from the website as they must be installed with the right angle and depth into headers as they say in order to work correctly. JMO

ump29
02-27-2013, 01:44 PM
works great,use on left side only

are you just running one in the left side???

Quickerthanu
02-27-2013, 04:12 PM
are you just running one in the left side???

According to the instructions they go on the left side valve cover.

Moroso instruction link-> http://www.moroso.com/catalog/images/25900_inst.pdf

oldtrackchamp4x
03-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Ran the car this weekend and i need to let everyone know that you must also install the breather baffles. My car was hazing oil smoke and had a lot of oil spatters on the frame. Moroso says with the baffles installed it will not do this as the baffles keep oil from entering the breather. I told them how the system was installed and they said it was correct but you need to run the baffles.

MM90
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Ran one on the left side only on my car last year. Really seemed to work well. My left side valve cover had two breathers, ran the baffle on the front breather and found a rubber expansion plug to seal off the rear breather tube.

35smod
03-07-2013, 05:18 PM
i run this system on all my motors my old one uses all the moroso hardware i have tubes in each header and both breather baffles in the left valve cover my new motor has them in both headers but we are using earls check valves in them with about 8" of hose between the tube and check valve to get them away from the heat i also have a line plumbed into the intake manifold with a check valve in it to get it to pull vacuum even at idle all the way thru 4500 or so rpm where the header ports start pulling enough vacuum thru them to make them work it t's into the line coming off the right header going to the left valve cover i keep 5-7" of vacuum at all times in the crankcase minmum and about 12" max you really need to have a vacuum guage plumbed into the crankcase either thru the intake or somehow because if you blow a check valve you will begin pressurizing the crankcase and blowing seals out and i imagine it could get worse than that if left alone long enough you will see it right away on the guage if one blows