PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic coated headers

Sportmod Rookie
02-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Are ceramic coated headers worth the extra $? Has any changed to them and noticed a HP gain or is it mostly just a looks thing?

MM90
03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
They are worth it if they don't get banged up. I think they make the headers last longer. Not sure how much HP you will gain, probably not much. It is hard to justify spending the money on ceramic coating when you could buy 2 sets of headers for the price of one with ceramic coating. My dad and I are going through the same conversation, we had some that were coated and they were awesome but that was on our stock car and the headers were protected unlike a modified. One accident and thats $500 in headers down the drain.

JustAddDirt
03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
U can run chassis headers on your mod, I dont know why nobody does it?

I can get headers ceramic coated any color for $150 a set here locally. I just had two sets of mine done (sponsored for free) that were both all rusty nasty and from 2005 or so. They look like new now!

Can I send you a set of my headers to have coated!!!! LOL
do they do the shiney silver?

RUEF52
03-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Be careful with shiney silver certain degreasers will make them look terrible!

bittight
03-02-2013, 07:26 AM
there's about a 1,000 ways to waste 150$ on a dirt car n ceramic headers isn't in the top 999 in my opinion. Support the headers good and they'll last a long long time, b4 they burn out, most likely get takn out in a wreck b4 actual burning out.

JustAddDirt
03-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Be careful with shiney silver certain degreasers will make them look terrible!

You are right I had a set years ago that were jet hotted coated on one of my mods. Too much work to keep them clean on a dirtcar.
I was hoping to get the set on my MACh 1 resto-mod done. It had a total of 350 miles logged in 2012. Sets on the lift n garage. Even though it is climate controlled I am starting too see a bit of corrosion starting.