PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mount Question...

fieldfiller02
03-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Hello all... I recently bought an older sportmod (never heard of the builder) that I am in the process of getting race-ready. Unfortunately, the hood protrudes about 4.5" above the decking in the rear. The rules state no more than two inches. I measured to see if I could simply make the hood sit lower, but no dice. So I either have to lower the motor mounts, or raise the decking. I would rather not raise the decking. My question is, how low can I go on the mounts? I don't have a motor to put in to check height off of the ground with the weight in front (yet). The stub is an older full-size metric, and the mounts consist of square tubing coming off the frame rails with a piece of round stock sticking up for the bolts. Anyone out there have a full size metric they can measure mount height from? Thanks

racin6mod
03-02-2013, 03:02 PM
most have a set height to the crankshaft center line check your rules to see. you also have a set rule for the deck ht. but you have a little room ther to work.

if you don't have an engine in the car you mite want to hold off on changes until you do. you might just redo the hood.

fieldfiller02
03-03-2013, 07:13 AM
if you don't have an engine in the car you mite want to hold off on changes until you do. you might just redo the hood. Yeah, good call. I'm just being impatient. Thanks.