PDA

View Full Version : Supporting Bert Trans

jfleming
03-02-2013, 12:23 PM
What are different options that guys are doing to support the tail housing on the bert and brin trans. It seems crazy that they are just hanging that far out with no support on the end of the tail housing....

thanks

Racer111
03-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Never seen anyone support them,Ive been running them hanging on mods and Lm for years never a problem.

racin6mod
03-02-2013, 02:49 PM
What are different options that guys are doing to support the tail housing on the bert and brin trans. It seems crazy that they are just hanging that far out with no support on the end of the tail housing....

thanks

on your x bars use a wt clampes on each side and use a lite 1'' square aluminum tube to go across from mount to mount drill two holes to line up with the trany holes. you want this lite so it will brake in a crash and not the tail shaft housing.I've only been asked to build this type of mount once in 20 years of racing.I don't think it should be done to be honest the chassis need's to flex some and could brake the trany case.

hammond motorsports
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
if you have a newer trans the tailhousing maybe machined round the rear seal so you can put a clamp mount around the housing and then run two 1/2 trailing arms up to the mid plate if you do not have any pumps in the way .I have stopped running any transimission mounts back in the 80s tho