PDA

View Full Version : Vortec cooling question

9car
03-03-2013, 12:08 PM
does anybody drill and tap a fitting between the two exhaust ports and try to run coolant lines to it or is everyone basically run as they were cast? just looking for any help i can get to keep em cool come summertime

CNC BLOCKS
03-04-2013, 12:50 PM
does anybody drill and tap a fitting between the two exhaust ports and try to run coolant lines to it or is everyone basically run as they were cast? just looking for any help i can get to keep em cool come summertime

If your using a 1003 type gasket it should force water in the center of the head.

9car
03-06-2013, 07:23 PM
If your using a 1003 type gasket it should force water in the center of the head.

ok, i just have the heads at this point and havent bought any gaskets yet. # 1003 , that is a FP head gasket correct?

i aint jumping stumps to put a water line in the head , but would do it if its needed. I had planned on machining the rear of the intake for a fitting to run coolant lines back to the T-housing , what do you think of that ? I just dont want a DNF for cooling issues is my biggest motive.

I know these questions might not seem too bright, but i was a Ford guy and some of the part #'s , ect for chevy i am not too famialr with