PDA

View Full Version : metric frontend modified chassis ride heights

dirt0
03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
This is our first year in a modified coming from karts. My question is where do you measure the front ride heights and whats a good starting spot for front and rear. for them. Car is a Pro chassis. Thank you.

AH55
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
This is our first year in a modified coming from karts. My question is where do you measure the front ride heights and whats a good starting spot for front and rear. for them. Car is a Pro chassis. Thank you.
Thats a tough call, because most chassis builders measure at different places. Some measure from the ground to the bottom of the frame rail behind the wheel, where its straight. Some measure from the ground to the center of the front A arm bolt. and some measure from the top of the A arm to the top or bottom of the spring pocket on the chassis. I'm not sure where Pro took their measurements from. I would go off an older GRT, because I think they were pretty similar. There are some setup sheets for older GRT's on www.racegang.com under the toolbox tab.
Hopefully some of the chassis builders or someone with experience with a Pro will chime in.

dirt0
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
cool thank you.