PDA

View Full Version : Seats

LIS20
03-09-2013, 09:04 AM
I am planning on getting a 20 * full containment lm seat - what would you recommend -- kirkey or butlerbuilt ??? Thanks in advance

TALON75
03-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Ultrashield VS Halo

hammond motorsports
03-09-2013, 01:07 PM
just get a fitted seat. I like the Bulter built the best (have 3 off them) .I do think it is worth the extra money to get a seat that is fitted to YOU and the CAR.

talclipse
03-11-2013, 07:25 AM
If you are looking at a full containment seat in either of those two price ranges (assuming you are looking at the non-fitted stuff) I would recommend going ahead and ponying up the extra money for a fitted seat.

If you aren't wanting to go that route either due to the money involved or the lead time on the seats I would recommend going with the ultrashield seat as well. I have ran the kirkey non-custom seat and we have the butler one in one of the cars. I don't like the way either one fits. I went with the lajoie diamond series seat; but, in hindsight I should have just spent the extra money on getting a butler seat that was fitted to me.

MM90
03-11-2013, 08:35 AM
If your going custom fit I recommend Lajoie, run of the mill containment then go Ultrashield.

racinjj
03-11-2013, 08:44 AM
The Ultrashield is my favorite as well. I sat in all of the standard seats before I bought one and the Ultrashield fit me as good as a fitted seat. This year I got a Kirkey 70 series and am very pleased with it as well but took a little adjusting to get it fitting just right. They are all quality pieces and are good values just get the one that fits best.

Chris Steele
03-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Got my first ever ISP seat last year and had it custom fitted with the 'pour-in' and all I can say is WOW! ISP puts their seats through lots more testing than most other big name seat companies too. Call and talk to Kris @ ISP and get some helpfull knowledge on seats and tell him I sent ya! 704-455-3060