PDA

View Full Version : Randy Weaver wins Southern All Stars thriller in Cleveland

Returning to Dirt
03-09-2013, 11:41 PM
http://tennesseeracer.com/?p=3952

Honestly, one of the best races I've ever seen. Weaver, Ogle, McDowell and Marlar swapped positions for virtually all 50 laps.

Deek4RJ5
03-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Been going to that ole track for 50 years. Seen hundreds of good races, and many great races there, but that was no doubt one of the best races if not the best ever at Cleveland. It started great with Owens setting track record. That loaded first heat with Weaver coming to front from mid-pack. Its not very often you see Owens and Bloomer fade to the rear and not be a factor. The lead swapping between the top 4 was awesome. Track stayed in good shape... Well Done Cleveland Speedway, your hard work paid off.

lightningfast
03-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Never post on here normally just look at results but coming from a racing family I've seen my share of races but last night was by far one of the best I've seen in a while..the top 4 putting slide jobs on each other every lap..great show for sure

tndirttrackin
03-10-2013, 01:45 PM
The SAS put on one hell of a show, & cleveland speedway ran a very good program last night. Been going to cleveland for many years, & i've seen some crappy azz races & i've seen some REALLY GOOD races & last night was definitely in the Top 3 of all time there. I don't think i have every seen in my 34 years of watching dirt late models Mr. Scott Bloomquist without having car problems get lapped! But last night i saw it with my own 2 eyes. Wow what a show!!

IceCowart
03-10-2013, 02:43 PM
That race last night was OFF THE HOOK! I have seen a lot of racing but last night you had to see it to believe it!

WheelMan#1
03-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Definitely agree with the comments above. By far the best race I've ever seen at Cleveland, maybe anywhere...! Not often do you see the top 5 slide jobbing each other for 25 laps straight without a single caution from the hard racing. Absolutely perfect race track for the drivers and fans. Good job Cleveland Speedway.

Congrats Randy Weaver, you earned that one.

garacefan11
03-10-2013, 11:39 PM
loved every lap of it.. couldnt ask for anything better. im ready to see some fast racing from here on out!

edavis71
03-11-2013, 05:22 AM
http://tennesseeracer.com/?p=3952

Honestly, one of the best races I've ever seen. Weaver, Ogle, McDowell and Marlar swapped positions for virtually all 50 laps.

Just watced a 12 minute video on dirt on dirt and all I can say is WOW, one helluva a race!!!

latemodel24
03-11-2013, 06:28 PM
I couldn’t agree more. That is the best race I have ever witnessed in person. That is the way racing should be. All (or at least most) of the best drivers in the country, multiple groove track, caution free, wide open heavyweight slugfest for 50 laps, and that was only the drivers that made the A main. Many other well know drivers didn't even make the feature. That is the most intense wide open 50 laps I have ever witnessed. Hard to believe it only lasted 12 minutes. I described it to a friend as being kind of like flying fighter planes in a gymnasium. There were battles throughout the field. There were too many battles to watch, so you really need to watch a video of the entire race to see the parts you missed. The dirt on dirt video was good, but doesn't really do it the justice that it deserves for those who weren't there. You really need to watch every lap of that race multiple times. I have never seen a crowd as intense as that crowd was throughout that race. It was almost like everyone was holding their breath, thinking that surly this race couldn’t possibly continue at this pace for the entire 50 laps. It was simply amazing. I never even saw anyone sit down. Another great thing about that race were the interviews afterward. I never heard a single driver complain or bad mouth anyone else. There was contact, but every single driver said that was racing and how racing should be, and not a single one that I heard pointed any fingers. They seemed almost in awe of the race themselves and all seemed happy to have been a part of it. In an interview after the race ( which can be heard at http://youtu.be/SXsEDKid0bs ), Weaver even said that he would still have thought that was one of the greatest races he’s been a part of even if he had not won. He also said that this is the kind of racing that all of us race fans deserve to have and that the track should be congratulated on the job they did with the preparation. I hope that I will get to see another race like this again one day, but they just don’t come along too often. Heat race #1 was pretty impressive too. In, fact, before the feature started, I thought that would have been the race of the night. That was an amazing line up of tallent in one heat race (Owens, Wells, Weaver, Madden, Clanton, Davenport, Thomas plus others I cant remember off the top of my head) , and what Randy Weaver did was impressive to say the least. As I stated in another thread, I think that Weaver is about to make a big impact on this sport. I just read on dirt on dirt that this is the 4th major race he has run this year and his lowest finish is 3rd. He said in the interview that he is about to step out to the national racing scene and see what he can do. I don’t know how the rest of this year will go for him and his team, but he really impressed me Saturday night, with his driving and his interviews. So, I am definitely a fan now to say the least. Even bought me one of his shirts afterwards.

garacefan11
03-12-2013, 01:57 AM
weaver has been making noise for a long time...

badacefaist19
03-13-2013, 08:50 PM
The dream had em covered. I hope to see some great racing in this area this year, and if that race was any indication of whats to come, then I will be happier than dikembe mutumbo blocking shots.

Steve Hixson
03-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey Jimmy, how happy are hundreds of people by switching to GEICO????? Happier than Randy Weaver Power Sliding against Billy Ogle Jr for $10,000

GET GEICO GET HAPPY!!!!