PDA

View Full Version : Metric car wheel offset question??

racer21
03-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Still putting this metric car together and getting ready to order wheels just wondering what these cars seem to like the best,it will be on 8 inch wheels most of the time and 10 inch
once and a while,it has a 60 rear under it and 5on5 rotors on front without the adapters,thanks in advance

MM90
03-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Most that I have seen run 4" on the RR and if you have enough room even a 5" offset. LR and front is either 2-3". This is on 8" wheels.

dirtman45
03-11-2013, 03:51 PM
You're better off if you can keep them all the same so you can switch tires around and not have to have a ton of spares because they are all different. I run 3" all the way around. Then a use a 1/2 or 1" spacer on the RF to keep the tires away from the frame so it doesn't rub when you steer back to the right. I've never heard of being able to use a 4" on the RR much less a 5".

twizted
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Interesting topic as I was just wondering if you try to keep the track width the same or narrower? I was always told it was a good thing for the rear to narrower than the front. Just wonder cause rear has always been narrower than front but gonna be hard to get it like that this year

stockcar5
03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
4" rr is VERY common. maybe your rear end offset doesnt allow a 4. i've heard of guys running 5's but it takes some maneuvering of the rr frame rail to get it done.