PDA

View Full Version : Chevelle newbie

crateracer16
03-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Just got a bms chevelle chassis. Switching from a metric car. It came with pinto spindles. Can I run my metric rotors and calipers on the pinto spindles? I know I would need a brake adapter kit for the caliper but not sure for the rotor. If they will work what bearing do I use? Just the regular metric? Thanks.

hammond motorsports
03-11-2013, 09:50 PM
you will need to get the Hybird Ford rotor,bearings and mounts your brake cal will fit

racin6mod
03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Just got a bms chevelle chassis. Switching from a metric car. It came with pinto spindles. Can I run my metric rotors and calipers on the pinto spindles? I know I would need a brake adapter kit for the caliper but not sure for the rotor. If they will work what bearing do I use? Just the regular metric? Thanks.

you'll need to pick up the hybrid hub/rotors pn 9850-6505 a couple master install kits(they have bearings,seal,dust caps, carter pin) pn 9851-8551 and one each afco pn's 40122pl and 40122pr cal. mounts to put your small metric caliper on with the hybrid rotors you should also run pad spacers as the rotors are .813 thick and the caliper are designed for 1 inch thick rotors.
this will give you a light wt. assembly.I see this set up on a lot of cars I personally run the larger diameter 11 inch granada rotors with a none gm style caliper slightly heavier 1 1/2 pounds but no spacers and a better corner entry in my oppion and stops way quicker.