PDA

View Full Version : Question

Dirt Knife
03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Pros and Cons
Piston Pump for alcohol or belt drive.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rpu-1500
Got this in a trade along with regulator.
Don't have the money for a belt drive.
Do have a nice C&S carburetor.
Have the KSE P/S pump not the tandem one with the fuel pump though.
anyone run this dose it work??

Dirt Knife
03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
http://www.candsspecialties.com/store/html/033310big.html

406 cuin. 12:1 non roller cam

HEAVY DUTY
03-13-2013, 05:46 PM
We ran one for awhile in 2006 on alcohol. If you tried to restart the engine during the race or when it was hot ( before it had time to cool down. Not meaning temperature was hot ) it would not start. It acted like it leaked off. Let it sit 15 or 20 minutes and it would fire back up. Bad deal to kill the motor during the race and then have to watch. We got rid of it. It probably was something wrong with that pump, or you would hear more about them doing that. They were new at that time.

Dirt Knife
03-13-2013, 05:46 PM
all new in box never ran

have always run gas

so new to me.

washeduptoo
03-13-2013, 10:03 PM
We had one like that, had to change the O-rings a few times and if for some reason you lost fuel flow(like you were checking filter) it was very hard to reprime. Give it a try, it might be great for you.

Dirt Knife
03-14-2013, 07:00 AM
So from what I understand the fuel boiled off.
Not that your engine was 250+ water temp or that it was 110+ in the shade
air temp.
And so than the the pump wouldnt hold its prime??

cgs
03-14-2013, 08:55 AM
i run the same pump. i have no complaints about it. ive never run a belt drive before to compare it against but it works much better over a diafram pump. the fuel pulse isnt near as bad as the diafram style. back when i bought the piston pump i was torn over belt drive or the piston but i figured one less belt to come off. plus its lighter than anything else ive found

HEAVY DUTY
03-14-2013, 09:06 AM
So from what I understand the fuel boiled off.
Not that your engine was 250+ water temp or that it was 110+ in the shade
air temp.
And so than the the pump wouldnt hold its prime??

Thats what we thought was going on. We had a KSE tandem pump and put it back on. We didnt try to fix it, because we had the other setup to use. Didnt want to take any chances not finishing.