PDA

View Full Version : measuring ub machine uppers???

jsf74
03-23-2013, 08:23 PM
how do you measure the length of the ub machine uppers wiyh the 10 degree tapered screw in ball joint? i know ub measures from the center of the cross shaft but im not sure of the ball joint. the length to the grease zerk is .250 longer than the actual centerline of the bj shaft if level. i dont have much room bewteen my mount and screw jack.

jsf74
03-25-2013, 10:38 PM
Its to the center of the grease zerk.

7uptruckracer
03-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Its to the centerline of the ball joint sleeve (the ball joint center of rotation axis) If you measure to the top of that nipple your going to be shorter then what the arm actually is. Throw that UB arm away I'm 3 months out on an order because of their terrible service if you break it good luck getting another......

jsf74
03-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah I got that impression after talking to him yesterday. He said they were at least 3 to 4 weeks out "if his machine didn break down"? Wow. Im having ruhlman build me a set plus he's local. Just trying to save a couple bucks. Ub needs some business restructuring.

7uptruckracer
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
He told me a few weeks ago the machine went down and it would be a few weeks. I ordered it around Christmas....I went with Joes Racing Products had it in a few days I did waste my money on the UB A arm Slugs for no arm