PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there got a swartz with the bert bearing birdcages?

car23
03-31-2013, 11:58 AM
I need the dimensions from the inside of the brake rotors to the outside of the shock plates. Also the dimensions from the brake rotors to the outside of the 4 link arms. The center piece between the 4 link arm and the shock plate is different on the left and right. That center spacer is 5/8 wider on one side. Audie didnt use these long and he didnt really remember the dims. Any help would be appreciated. I would not recommend anyone buying these. I needed a couple of pieces to fix mine and couldnt get any help from bert. These parts are not labeled left or right and if it were not for john mason at mason racing i would have never got them. also these are the rocket style if any of u have them.

lovinlatemodels
04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
If you can try contacting Mark Petyjohn from Delaware I think he used Bert bird cages and tubes on his car at one time he might be able to help I think he goes by bodybuilder1 on here.

car23
04-03-2013, 04:17 PM
i may get in touch with him. i think i got it figured out now. fixing to put it in and scope it out. i had to buy some parts for them. the left rocket cage goes on the right and the right on the left. i made new shock brakets so i could stop running the 4 link rods on the outside on the left. had to work it from brake rotor to center of shock mount. if anyone needs this info i can explain in more detail