PDA

View Full Version : What shocks do you prefer?

Krooser
04-02-2013, 11:09 AM
I have to buy shocks for my metric car to replace the junk that was on it when I bought it.

I'm leaning towards Bilstein or QA-1's... the Bilsteins came highly recommended by a racer who has won a hell of a lot more races than I ever have and the QA-1's can be rebuilt by a local shop. I can buy AFCO's nearly everywhere and they are a little cheaper... I need a stock mount shock.

Your opinions?

Quickerthanu
04-02-2013, 01:43 PM
I have to buy shocks for my metric car to replace the junk that was on it when I bought it. I'm leaning towards Bilstein or QA-1's... the Bilsteins came highly recommended by a racer who has won a hell of a lot more races than I ever have and the QA-1's can be rebuilt by a local shop. I can buy AFCO's nearly everywhere and they are a little cheaper... I need a stock mount shock. Your opinions? We switched to QA-1's this year and I really like them. Granted we've only had one practice but noticed a difference from last years AFCO's. I really don't think you can go wrong in your choices of the Bilstiens or QA's.

dirtplay18
04-02-2013, 02:38 PM
I would run the QA1's because of the convenience of being able to keep them serviced by the local shop. Makes a big difference keeping the oil fresh in them. Been running them for 10 yrs with no issues.

ToddSmith16
04-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Bilsteins are the best..next would be Integra and QA1 ..AFCO and Pro are junk compared to the previous mentioned shocks!

Ricky76
04-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I've ran QA1 shocks since 2008 and never had one to fail. I think they're great shocks ! JMO

72Dubya
04-02-2013, 08:33 PM
I run Bilstein SZ series shocks on my street stock. Never had an issue with them, they perform VERY well, and a lot of shock rebuilders in the area are capable of the regular maintenance on them.

stockcar5
04-03-2013, 12:27 PM
BSB has some nice stock mount shocks as well.

Krooser
04-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks to all...

Racer96m
04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Bilsteins are the best..next would be Integra and QA1 ..AFCO and Pro are junk compared to the previous mentioned shocks!

I would agree with that. Bilstein SZ Digressive valve shocks is what I ran on our car.

Dave

Krooser
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I would agree with that. Bilstein SZ Digressive valve shocks is what I ran on our car.

Dave

I guess I'm going to buy the Bilsteins... so what numbers will work the best on my 3300 lb. beater? I'm thinking I'll buy four plus one "tie down" for the LR... gotta be stock mounts BTW.

racer21
04-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey guys im looking for the best place to get the QA1 shocks for metric car,someplace that has options switching from the bilsteins,not that any thing is wrong with the bill's just wanting a different feel in the car,thanks in advance

junebug
04-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Hey guys im looking for the best place to get the QA1 shocks for metric car,someplace that has options switching from the bilsteins,not that any thing is wrong with the bill's just wanting a different feel in the car,thanks in advance

im a qa1 dealer if u want to msg me the part number on the ones your wanting I can get u a price