PDA

View Full Version : 2" belts

JAMESGANGRACING
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
I was just talking to Impact Racing and they said nascar is allowing them and drivers are using them, and that they feel they are safe for use in dirt racing . What are others thoughts on this?

racinjj
04-04-2013, 11:38 AM
They are made to work with a head and neck restraint so that they dont slip off the device like a 3" belt can. I would go for it if you have a HANS type device.

charcoal01
04-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Take a look at the crow dog bone belts. Fit the Hans very well. Been using them for over 2 years and no problems at all, great belts.

JustAddDirt
04-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Take a look at the crow dog bone belts. Fit the Hans very well. Been using them for over 2 years and no problems at all, great belts.

X2 I love my Impact Dog-bones. they fit the Hans nice, and no one will give you crap about it not being a 3" belt, because it is, just folded over and sewn. Sweet idea.

RACEMAN
04-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Let's make sure that we're talking about only 2" in the belt area where it goes over the HANS. Every where else it should be 3 inches. Why? you ask? Simple. It will spread the load over a greater area of the body. Think of it this way. Imagine what would happen if piano wire were used. Nice clean slicing of the body parts. :)

joeltjen
04-04-2013, 10:53 PM
in wissota we can use them only if they are used with a hans type device. i would not use them by themselves. 3' belts can "dump" off of a hans device, had it happen and let me tell ya the edge of that belt diggen into ya hurts!!!( and no, i dont run with my belts loose,)