PDA

View Full Version : Sail panels

jesel45
04-05-2013, 11:14 PM
i have been looking at pics of the new cars from this year and was hoping someone could explain to me what kind of advantage these guys like richards, lanigan, and moyer are getting by running those very thin sail panels??

Brown Motorsports
04-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Monkey see monkey do maybe? I can see the point in running the right side as wide open as possible but I think what your seeing is the latest trend maybe/ I noticed Bobby Peirce's car has a very very thin panel on the left side.

Egoracing
04-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Less restriction for air to the deck and spoiler. Moyer was running them like that last year, maybe the others are starting because they saw the idea?

Racer63
04-06-2013, 12:17 PM
I was told Rocket is telling there guys to run them as thin as possible. Just what I was told by a friend who races one.

FF21
04-06-2013, 12:31 PM
If you will look at recent pics of Bloomquist's car his roof is moved forward more than earlier in the year.

Rayburnt1
04-06-2013, 07:30 PM
If you will look at recent pics of Bloomquist's car his roof is moved forward more than earlier in the year.

I noticed that as well. Also Lanigan, Covert, Richards, and now Bloomquist have taken all the rake out of the roof by adding spacers to the front mounts. I've noticed this in several pics.