PDA

View Full Version : aero beadlock mounting question

Duckhnter83
04-06-2013, 09:15 AM
I have a bead lock on the right rear I purchased new tires to mount on my car. How do you mount the bead lock I understand rake the ring off and that much. My problem being how does the side with the bead lock mount do you push the tire bead all the way on and then put ring on and air up? I did this already and the tire wasn't against the bead lock ring like the old tire did. Or does the tire bead ride right on the edge of the rim just where the tire starts to go on and when you air it up the tire bead would slip up against the ring?

dirttrackrocker
04-06-2013, 09:23 AM
I have a bead lock on the right rear I purchased new tires to mount on my car. How do you mount the bead lock I understand rake the ring off and that much. My problem being how does the side with the bead lock mount do you push the tire bead all the way on and then put ring on and air up? I did this already and the tire wasn't against the bead lock ring like the old tire did. Or does the tire bead ride right on the edge of the rim just where the tire starts to go on and when you air it up the tire bead would slip up against the ring?

The bead on the tire is sandwiched between the rim and the ring. Just put the inner bead over the rim and let the outer bead lay on the rim and put the ring over it and clamp the tire to the rim.