PDA

View Full Version : Barnes Oil Pump Pulley Question

rocketmanstan09
04-07-2013, 07:44 PM
I have a brand new barnes rear mount pump. After practice a couple nights ago, the pulley on the pump had slid all the way back against the pump and the key is gone. The belt was still on but only about halfway. All set screws were checked and were tight before the practice. Any ideas of what is going on and how to keep this from happening again?

lazermod3
04-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I have a brand new barnes rear mount pump. After practice a couple nights ago, the pulley on the pump had slid all the way back against the pump and the key is gone. The belt was still on but only about halfway. All set screws were checked and were tight before the practice. Any ideas of what is going on and how to keep this from happening again?

ARE YOU SURE THE SET SCREWS WERE TIGHT?I have never experienced this issue,no matter what pump that was used,but in every instance I have put thread lock.on the set screws.

catgo22
04-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Had a similar issue. Engine builder said I had belt stretched too tight. I was using a prybar to lever belt tight before tightening bolts. Now belt is loose enough to pinch belt and turn sideways 90 degrees. Moving pulley problem went away.