PDA

View Full Version : Mastersbilt Smackdown RF stiffening rod

kevpow
04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
I have an '07 Mastersbilt Smackdown car and was noticing on the right front back portion of the clip there are 2 mounts where it looks like a stiffening bar would go. Does anyone use these? If so, for what kind of track or under what conditions would you use it? The car didnt have one on it when I got it but the mounts look like theyve been used. Any feedback would be interesting to read. Thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-11-2013, 11:40 AM
I have an '07 Mastersbilt Smackdown car and was noticing on the right front back portion of the clip there are 2 mounts where it looks like a stiffening bar would go. Does anyone use these? If so, for what kind of track or under what conditions would you use it? The car didnt have one on it when I got it but the mounts look like theyve been used. Any feedback would be interesting to read. Thanks

I always ran one on those cars. They said you could take it out to loosen the car on heavy tracks.

kevpow
04-11-2013, 03:05 PM
So you'd recommend running it on a normal to slick track? Our track normally slicks over after practice and qualifying.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
So you'd recommend running it on a normal to slick track? Our track normally slicks over after practice and qualifying.

I would run it all the time.

kevpow
04-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the info. Ill put one together tomorrow and install it.

cjsracing
04-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I never run it, in fact I removed the mount for it on the vertical bar.

hall99
04-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Those were originally built that way to allow for certain header types. The cars were meant to have the bar there.