PDA

View Full Version : Jaggers out-duels Logue for ALMS Bohlander Tribute 50 at Peoria Speedway

dirtwriter
04-14-2013, 11:20 AM
(Peoria, IL) On a chilly opening night at Peoria Speedway, the action on track was red-hot for the 6th Annual “Don Bohlander Tribute” race.
Kyle Logue and Jason Jaggers comprised the front row of the $3,000 to-win Budweiser American Late Model Series-sanctioned 50 lap feature and put on a show for the chilly Peoria race fans the entire race. As the green flew, Logue settled into the far bottom groove of the track, with Jaggers running the middle and the duo immediately began a side-by-side fight which would thrill the Peoria fans.
Logue and Jaggers ran side-by-side the first 5 laps before Logue would nudge ahead. Behind the leaders, a 3-way fight for 3rd between Ryan Unzicker, Billy Drake and Kevin Weaver was underway. Drake finally pulled away for 3rd on lap 6 and pressured Jaggers, making the pass stick on lap 7.
A caution on lap 13 re-set the field, and the battle for 2nd continued, with Jaggers finally getting back by Drake on lap 19 using the top side. Jaggers stalked Logue, using the middle of the track, with Logue encountering lapped traffic on lap 23. It was a classic high-low battle over the next 9 laps as the leaders would go 3 wide with lapped traffic on 3 different occasions until Jaggers took the lead again on lap 32 coming out of turn 2. Weaver nearly took 2nd from Logue the next corner, but a caution for Todd Bennett halted the action.
Back under green, Jaggers and Logue ran side-by-side for the next 5 laps, until Jaggers finally made the pass stick on lap 37. Jaggers reached more lapped traffic on lap 43 with Logue on his back bumper, but worked traffic masterfully and prevailed for the win. Logue finished 2nd, with Weaver, Drake and Unzicker the top 5. Tim Isenberg, Richie Bell, Tim Lance, Russ Sheffler and Scott Schmitt completed the top 10.
“That was a great race there”, Jaggers said in victory lane. “Hats off to Kyle, he drove a helluva race. The car was awesome, I could run anywhere I wanted. Considering its' only the 3rd night out in this car, I'm real happy with the way its performing. It's an honor to win such a big race.”
26 ALMS Late Models signed in to race, with Jay Morris setting fast time of 12.3. Heats were won by Logue, Jaggers and Drake, with Jeremy Reed winning the B Main.