PDA

View Full Version : crate over heating need help!!!

bluemod
04-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Last night car started over heating. Have krc racing pullies and its a serpentine belt. I have not tension pully on it. Could the belt be sliping even though its tight. I got to 240 and stopped but theres no steam or water coming out of the over flow. I have not restrictions in the goose neck. Need some help here

jasonsensational80
04-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Last night car started over heating. Have krc racing pullies and its a serpentine belt. I have not tension pully on it. Could the belt be sliping even though its tight. I got to 240 and stopped but theres no steam or water coming out of the over flow. I have not restrictions in the goose neck. Need some help here

I put a 5/16th restrictor in the bottom tube from the radiator and run a triple pass radiator.. had a hard time getting temp.. would run for 20 minutes and not get over 150... so I'd say put in a restrictor and a triple pass...

grt74
04-14-2013, 07:28 PM
go to stewart water pumps web site,problem solved,just follow it step by step,we had over heating problems and ego told us about the web site,havent had a problem yet,we tested after doing what it said on a 95 degree day with no problems,with the motor grunting all the way around for 30-40 laps,ego if your reading this thanks again!!!