PDA

View Full Version : rear steer????

ump29
04-16-2013, 07:45 PM
looks like alot of the fast cars every week are running a lot of rear steer....really sucking that left rear up under the car... how are they getting the rear steer without loosing forward drive or being crazy loose on entry???

johnny v
04-16-2013, 08:49 PM
looks like alot of the fast cars every week are running a lot of rear steer....really sucking that left rear up under the car... how are they getting the rear steer without loosing forward drive or being crazy loose on entry???

IMHO
It's all about keeping the Momentum up through the corners... getting the car to seamlessly turn and rotate around the arc of the corner is THE NAME OF THE GAME.... the faster you are in those portions of the track , the less you need on exit...

Rear steer makes some or most of that happen.....
Crazy Loose ( as you say) is the Momentum killer....these days, with the 4 links, you don't hardly ever hear about someone being Loose on entry... they are always fussing about being tight and having to "wait" on the car to rotate.... or using too much brake and "Old School" pitching it in the corner or trying to turn it with the gas pedal...

ask0329
04-25-2013, 07:08 AM
IMHO
It's all about keeping the Momentum up through the corners... getting the car to seamlessly turn and rotate around the arc of the corner is THE NAME OF THE GAME.... the faster you are in those portions of the track , the less you need on exit...

Rear steer makes some or most of that happen.....
Crazy Loose ( as you say) is the Momentum killer....these days, with the 4 links, you don't hardly ever hear about someone being Loose on entry... they are always fussing about being tight and having to "wait" on the car to rotate.... or using too much brake and "Old School" pitching it in the corner or trying to turn it with the gas pedal...

I concur. I changed my car over to a 4-link this winter and took it out for practice on tuesday. The friggin thing would not turn into the corners and just plowed up the track. I had to really throw it in there and turn it with the throttle. Not a fun feeling. Started out with 48lbs of left rear. Going to drop that down to 25 and change the LRL bar angle. ITs at 0 degrees at ride height and have since read and been told that it should be between 7-12 degrees. Upper bar is at 15 degrees ride height and 33 degrees at full drop. Thinking that one should be moved up one hole on the chassis.

kraftkar7x
04-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Lowering your bite down is only gna make you tighter going into the corner lr top rod is way to low at 38 degrees 42-46 wld be a better starting point that's my opinion on top bar tho