PDA

View Full Version : double check me

andy16
04-16-2013, 10:00 PM
i want to loosen my car going in and off. bfe rocket silver shocks nothing crazy. car is well built bind free all new parts in jan. we have this weekend off last week was my first race of 13 so i want to get it right. setup is 550lf 350rf 200lr 225rr 150 lb bite j bar at 9.5 inch u on frame 13 inch drop w chain stop 55%rear 53.8%ls 275 5th 36inch out running american racer 12s w 3.5 inch stagger 4/10 mile heavy track lots of grip. was more tight in than off, couldn get the rear behind me so was blowing the exit also. lower hp steel block steel head 2400lb car, 4 bars in middle holes bottom hole in pinion.

my thoughts on changes
1-lower rear % to 53.5
2-raise ls% to 54.5
3-lower j bar to 8.75 on frame(stop the pole volt)
4-soften r/f to a 325( it doesn feel like i have enough dive in it to move the roll center enough?)
5-move r/s 4 bars to top position(roll steer)
thinking about going to a 475 lf to really help it get in because some of these changes hurt each other? it was pretty tight couldn hardly drive it. lr and rf were 25 degrees hotter than other two

what would yall do? pm me for shock clicks...

ALF401
04-16-2013, 10:25 PM
450 spring on left front

Or

Put RR trail in

smirk
04-16-2013, 10:55 PM
i want to loosen my car going in and off. bfe rocket silver shocks nothing crazy. car is well built bind free all new parts in jan. we have this weekend off last week was my first race of 13 so i want to get it right. setup is 550lf 350rf 200lr 225rr 150 lb bite j bar at 9.5 inch u on frame 13 inch drop w chain stop 55%rear 53.8%ls 275 5th 36inch out running american racer 12s w 3.5 inch stagger 4/10 mile heavy track lots of grip. was more tight in than off, couldn get the rear behind me so was blowing the exit also. lower hp steel block steel head 2400lb car, 4 bars in middle holes bottom hole in pinion.

my thoughts on changes
1-lower rear % to 53.5
2-raise ls% to 54.5
3-lower j bar to 8.75 on frame(stop the pole volt)
4-soften r/f to a 325( it doesn feel like i have enough dive in it to move the roll center enough?)
5-move r/s 4 bars to top position(roll steer)
thinking about going to a 475 lf to really help it get in because some of these changes hurt each other? it was pretty tight couldn hardly drive it. lr and rf were 25 degrees hotter than other two

what would yall do? pm me for shock clicks...

I would soften rr. Sounds to me that its stickin rr to hard getting in and the added roll steer may help too.

TALON75
04-17-2013, 03:04 AM
I would lower the jbar on the frame and raise it on the pinion, smirk is right that you are sticking the RR too hard but it is because of the jbar angle, you shouldnt need that much sidebite with a gripped up track. I would also try to get some more stagger, minimum should be 4 inches if you can get five try it. Your spring numbers look good to me but. you need to check your shock travels on the rt side. Some rr trail wont hurt either, and if it still needs some help then raise th rr lower up. I have also had success moving the lr lower up, but try everthing else first. Good luck!

Matt49
04-17-2013, 07:39 AM
I agree with the previous posters that you've got too much j-bar angle for that size track and those conditions. I would start there.
If you get it down to 8 inches on the frame and even with the pinion and it still won't turn, I would go to bar changes.
You may benefit tremendously from raising both right side bars on the frame. I would start with the bottom as this will free entry by decreasing birdcage indexing (effectively softening the RR on entry). Then I would raise the top as this will free exit because of increased roll rear steer and increased thrust angle.
Make one change at a time. If you throw the book at it, you won't really learn anything to help you in the future.