PDA

View Full Version : Initial Set-Up

DK1
04-18-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm getting ready to set up my 2002 Black Front End Rocket for the first time since I've owned it. I previous ran an older Black Front Car. I called Rocket and they sent me a new set up book with the parts I ordered. Car was previously set up with a crate motor. RF Upper Control Arm is in the BOTTOM HOLES.

Car details: All Aluminum Motor, weights around 2300-2350

My question is should I just go off the set up book to begin with or do you guys have knowledge that can get me off to a better start?

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-18-2013, 01:14 PM
I would start with the setup book provided and adjust from there.

jedclampit
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
2300-50 with no ballast ? BIG driver? HEAVY components?

Use track configuration(dirt type and usual/expected moisture content, and corner size/banking,) and TIRES allowed to determine which baseline set up to use.FWIW...I have never had any success with the spec tire set-up.

I'd start in the top holes on the RF.
Bottom holes on Rf usually requires less static camber, (unless RF upper shock mount has been moved inboard to prevent shock to upper c/a interference). Shock brand, type/body length varies greatly here.
Regardless,Take RF spring off and compress RF suspension all the way and make sure there is no contact with shock to UC Arm/ball joint/spring with RF compressed all the way. Make clearance,update rf upper shock mount,or reduce static negative camber as needed.

Follow the book to the T for a baseline, and work from there, if every thing is correct(components and settings) you'll be well in the ballpark.
One piece lowers can make getting caster correct interesting!