PDA

View Full Version : motor mount question

porkchop4
04-20-2013, 01:00 AM
I am wanting to get y'alls opinon on this. I have a metric car with the stock motor mounts cut off and about everything around it cutt out too.to replace it there is just a piece of flat steel with a hole cut in it to use a solid mount with it. The problem is is that the oil pan won't clear he frame b about 2 inches so I'm to get it professionally done the right with actual mounts like on a modified. I would aldo like tobe able to put heim end shocks on the back to. If any of y'all could help by telling me someone that could do that or any sugestions on what I should do. Thanks

ToddSmith16
04-20-2013, 06:57 AM
2 things to try. Get a oil pan that will clear a stock location engine and / or put spacers under the motor mounts to raise the engine. I had the same problem!

porkchop4
04-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Well I was thinking about just making a just making like a perch that is kind of like the mount that is all ready there but I don't have the tools to make something like that. As far as a spacer goes i eoulnt know exactly ehat to use. What kind of spacer did you use, and on the oil pan it is hitting the small part not the part where the pickup is.

Hobby Racr
04-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Lower the motor done til the pan just touchs measure both sides(make sure motor is level). If its not a huge gap head down to the hardware store and buy fender washers and stack them till you get the gap you want. Get some longer bolts(good ones not the cheap ones) and call it a day.

ToddSmith16
04-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Use thick washers stacked to get distance, glue them together once you get distance so your not chasing them around or the distance for me was a shock spacer.

9car
04-21-2013, 05:49 PM
not to interfer here, but how much clearance "should" be enough?