PDA

View Full Version : go pro or replay

lm17g
04-20-2013, 06:16 AM
looking to buy a camera looking for opinions go pro or replay thanks

AmickRacing
04-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Both seem to take good video. I like the replay myself because it's smaller, so less of a target for mud and rocks. I've never personally used a goPro, but I like how easy it is to turn the replay on and off.

I personally don't like the big fisheye style a lot of the gopro video's end up with. You can get a different lens for them that reduces it, but that's just a personal preference thing.

merc123
04-21-2013, 08:05 PM
I haven't had any fisheye issues with my GoPro. Supposedly under water it has some issues but I didn't have that issue either.

Here's the videos I shot with my GoPro (in-car videos only): www.youtube.com/user/merc21782

lm17g
04-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Both seem to take good video. I like the replay myself because it's smaller, so less of a target for mud and rocks. I've never personally used a goPro, but I like how easy it is to turn the replay on and off.

I personally don't like the big fisheye style a lot of the gopro video's end up with. You can get a different lens for them that reduces it, but that's just a personal preference thing.

wich of replay camera do u have i like the sound better on the replay thanks alot for your help

AmickRacing
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Replay XD 1080, I use the 1.5" roll cage mount. I also ordered a couple replacement lens's. I haven't broke a lens in this camera yet (better mounting location), but the other camera system I used seemed like the lens's didn't last long.

powerslide
04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
we had a decent discussion on this thread about the different camera's
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?256929-In-Car-Camara&highlight=video