PDA

View Full Version : Eccentric rr block on frame rail

junebug
04-22-2013, 05:07 AM
Seen a few cars with an Eccentric rr block on frame rail that the axle tube lays on when on throttle...wat would the point of this be...the guys that I've seen are awesome fast and u can tell there on it because there's marks on axle tube where its hit

jedclampit
04-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Seen a few cars with an Eccentric rr block on frame rail that the axle tube lays on when on throttle...wat would the point of this be...the guys that I've seen are awesome fast and u can tell there on it because there's marks on axle tube where its hit

Used to limit, and adjust LR suspension droop/drop/extended maximum Lr suspension travel.

AmickRacing
04-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Pretty much the same thing as running a chain limiter on the RR. Keeps the RR from climbing the bars, this keeps the RR from getting too much drive (bar angle). Tightens the car up, and sometimes the RR can hike up enough to be several inches off the spring. When you lift or head into the corner the car has to fall a while before it's back on the spring. This can cause some strange handling problems too...

junebug
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Pretty much the same thing as running a chain limiter on the RR. Keeps the RR from climbing the bars, this keeps the RR from getting too much drive (bar angle). Tightens the car up, and sometimes the RR can hike up enough to be several inches off the spring. When you lift or head into the corner the car has to fall a while before it's back on the spring. This can cause some strange handling problems too...

will a chain on the back of the rr birdcage work equally as well? I have mine limited like that

AmickRacing
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
The ideal way to limit is to use a clamp on the tube, or just wrapping a strap around the axle tube.

If you run a limiter chain attached to the birdcage (on the RR or LR), it can change how much it limits the drop by how much the birdcage indexes.

If you have say 12" of droop (just making a number up), and you change the bar angles, and induce more indexing in the birdcage, it can drastically change the droop measurement.

Might be worth checking how much it changes on your car with the bars in various, commonly used, holes and make the judgement call.

junebug
04-22-2013, 07:41 PM
The ideal way to limit is to use a clamp on the tube, or just wrapping a strap around the axle tube.

If you run a limiter chain attached to the birdcage (on the RR or LR), it can change how much it limits the drop by how much the birdcage indexes.

If you have say 12" of droop (just making a number up), and you change the bar angles, and induce more indexing in the birdcage, it can drastically change the droop measurement.

Might be worth checking how much it changes on your car with the bars in various, commonly used, holes and make the judgement call.

Well that's actually why I have it on the cage so I can use it to control indexing