PDA

View Full Version : rr spring question

junebug
04-24-2013, 04:30 AM
My car was a little tight on entry when the track had grip in it...which would be a better way to loosen entry...softening rr spring raising jbar or raising rr lower bar up

Flyin Iowan
04-24-2013, 05:47 AM
Im guessing you mean in a heat race? so i would do the easiest change just to make it eaasier to change back for feature. If you need that spring for when the track loses grip then i would raise lower bar. if you have the climber brackets for the jbar then that might be the way to go.

junebug
04-24-2013, 06:20 AM
Yep its a little heavy in the heats and bone dry in feature...i like the heavier spring for side bite in the dry...also I do have the climbers on both sides of jbar...i have seen guys with there rr lower bar at 7-8• mine is 1-2• ...my jbar is 1/2" above pinion and 5" of rake..should I just raise the whole jbar up an inch? Or maybe leave it and raise rr lower?

powerslide
04-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Yep its a little heavy in the heats and bone dry in feature...i like the heavier spring for side bite in the dry...also I do have the climbers on both sides of jbar...i have seen guys with there rr lower bar at 7-8• mine is 1-2• ...my jbar is 1/2" above pinion and 5" of rake..should I just raise the whole jbar up an inch? Or maybe leave it and raise rr lower?

i would try the RRL bar adjustment first see if you like that.

Flyin Iowan
04-24-2013, 01:00 PM
i thought about it more after i posted....if the body roll isnt to much then i would do the lower right bar. i would do the jbar if the car is on the RR to hard and rolling over to much

junebug
04-24-2013, 08:45 PM
i thought about it more after i posted....if the body roll isnt to much then i would do the lower right bar. i would do the jbar if the car is on the RR to hard and rolling over to much

how much angle do u guys run in it....5-8• or so sound ok?

Flyin Iowan
04-25-2013, 05:58 AM
honestly whatever works. You know what you need for the feature so for the heat race move it up 1 hole. If thats not enough try 2 holes the next time. Ive ran mine anywhere from 1 hole below 0 and 2 holes above.

powerslide
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
how much angle do u guys run in it....5-8• or so sound ok?

that sounds close for a hooked up track.
Sent you a PM of something different that might help as well.