PDA

View Full Version : Forward Bite

jonnywhoop52
04-24-2013, 09:25 AM
How can I get more forward bite on a 4-bar car? Do the left side bars help exit/bite? Any help is great

bittight
04-24-2013, 10:13 AM
If your top rod is around 45deg at full drop then I'd leave it alone, the lr lower rod will give you a lot of initial bite on the gas if you lower it, but at the same time can cause you to get throttle tight really fast, if that is the case you can soften the rf spring a little to compensate for the push you can gain from taking away the rear steer on gas from the lr lower bar change.

jonnywhoop52
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
we stiffened the RF spring becasue the track was rough and it kept digging in hard. Then we made some changes on the LR with shock and top bar it still looked like there wasn't enough coming off, driver said it was a little loose on throttle

JustAddDirt
04-24-2013, 11:15 AM
we stiffened the RF spring becasue the track was rough and it kept digging in hard. Then we made some changes on the LR with shock and top bar it still looked like there wasn't enough coming off, driver said it was a little loose on throttle

Were were you racing?
Traction is not always bar angles, at this angle or that angle on the LR or the RR.
there are many factors
pullbar angle
side to side placement of pullbar
Assuming it has a pullbar and not a lift-arm
jbar angle
LR shock angle to center of car, and rear of car
birdcage indexing
Front suspension geometry
RF spring and shock
LR shock, RR shock.
Everyone needs more forward bite, but that may not be the only problem.
If a car cannot enter the corner well, it will not be good in center, or off the corner.
what happens on entry, effects the whole corner. maybe the corner speed of car is not fast enough, and driver has to slow down too much, thus effecting forward traction.

Basically, when you say I need help with forward bite, it is very difficult to help, unless we know what the car does on entry, and through center of corner.

Just some thoughts.

oldtrackchamp4x
04-24-2013, 02:48 PM
I agree with Dirt. JMO