PDA

View Full Version : Front Brakes Dragging

dirttrackrocker
04-28-2013, 08:10 AM
I have brand new calipers on the front and both front brakes are dragging causing the car to push. I have checked for pinched lines and nothing seems bent or crooked on the spindles or caliper mounts. Any ideas why they don't seem to release all the way?

BB1
04-28-2013, 08:43 AM
Crack your bleeder screws loose and see if they free up. If they dont it is the calipers,if they do start working your way back towards the master cylinder. you will have to pump the pedal back up evertime you try something. Could also be in the pedal and balance bar.

johnny v
04-28-2013, 08:58 AM
I have brand new calipers on the front and both front brakes are dragging causing the car to push. I have checked for pinched lines and nothing seems bent or crooked on the spindles or caliper mounts. Any ideas why they don't seem to release all the way?

there is a return bleed on the MC that is covered up by the Mis-adjusted MC rod.....make sure the piston returns all the way back ( bias bar is free at static)...

junebug
04-28-2013, 11:48 AM
there is a return bleed on the MC that is covered up by the Mis-adjusted MC rod.....make sure the piston returns all the way back ( bias bar is free at static)...

I have had to clearance the caluper bracket because it hits the calipers ...that might be something to check

dirttrackrocker
04-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys, I think I found the problem. The brackets were tweeked just enough to cause the outer pad to drag against the rotor. I bent them back just a little and shaved some material off the outer pad just in case. Seems fine now.